Sunday, March 21, 2010

Prospects of Fall, What color scarf to make next

They named it Persimmon

Playing with colors and patterns. Not sure what to do next. I was laughing at myself while standing in front of an enormous selection of yarn and began to panic. Not because I couldn't reach something amazing on a shelf 16 feet out of reach and now I am wondering why stores do that. But more because I had no clue of what color(s) my next scarf would be. I have found that now I need to look to the future. Although I hate making plans that far ahead, Fall/Autumn is coming and I either need to buck trends and go with my gut or open a fashion magazine and do what is being shown in them (color wise). So I stood and stared until I settled on what caught my eye. Persimmon jumped out at me. Well that was the color the company decided to tell me it was.

A cross between peach, pink, salmon, but brighter, silky color all rolled into one that I suppose could be called Persimmon. I get home with it and stared at it. Usually when I walk into a yarn store I have an idea, a thought as to what I might do with a particular yarn. But this one I HAD NO CLUE. So I continue to stare. I get coffee and stare. Take a shower, come back and stare. Get the mail, go for a walk, make lunch and with each passing I stop, stare and walk away. Hoping soon I will settle on an idea, shape, pattern for this great color that Chose Me. Tomorrow could be the day, I hope, that it stands up and draws out exactly what it will become. Something great I am sure.

4 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

go for the persimmon you know you want to...

Little T said...

persimmon is sitting on my table taunting me. Just need it to tell me what shape it wants to become. Skinny spring all year shape or a little chunky fall winter shape. :) it has a strong personality don't want to disappoint this Persimmon.

TamsJewelry said...

Those are the most beautiful colors!Going to your shop now.

Little T said...

Thanks tam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails