Sunday, March 21, 2010

Prospects of Fall, What color scarf to make next

They named it Persimmon

Playing with colors and patterns. Not sure what to do next. I was laughing at myself while standing in front of an enormous selection of yarn and began to panic. Not because I couldn't reach something amazing on a shelf 16 feet out of reach and now I am wondering why stores do that. But more because I had no clue of what color(s) my next scarf would be. I have found that now I need to look to the future. Although I hate making plans that far ahead, Fall/Autumn is coming and I either need to buck trends and go with my gut or open a fashion magazine and do what is being shown in them (color wise). So I stood and stared until I settled on what caught my eye. Persimmon jumped out at me. Well that was the color the company decided to tell me it was.

A cross between peach, pink, salmon, but brighter, silky color all rolled into one that I suppose could be called Persimmon. I get home with it and stared at it. Usually when I walk into a yarn store I have an idea, a thought as to what I might do with a particular yarn. But this one I HAD NO CLUE. So I continue to stare. I get coffee and stare. Take a shower, come back and stare. Get the mail, go for a walk, make lunch and with each passing I stop, stare and walk away. Hoping soon I will settle on an idea, shape, pattern for this great color that Chose Me. Tomorrow could be the day, I hope, that it stands up and draws out exactly what it will become. Something great I am sure.

4 comments:

Megan H Carroll said...

go for the persimmon you know you want to...

tehlia said...

persimmon is sitting on my table taunting me. Just need it to tell me what shape it wants to become. Skinny spring all year shape or a little chunky fall winter shape. :) it has a strong personality don't want to disappoint this Persimmon.

TamsJewelry said...

Those are the most beautiful colors!Going to your shop now.

tehlia said...

Thanks tam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails