Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wrap Me in Bacon Scarf is Fully cooked

Wrap Me in Bacon is complete.

Interesting scarf to make. It gave me a few headaches,  smiles and worries with the turning and switching of yarn textures and colors. But it was a battle of love. 

I used 4 different Yarns (manufacturers, colors & weights) The mixture of textures and weights of this yarn make it light, pliable and fun to wear.

Its finished Measurements turned out to be
72 inches Long
& 3 to 6 inches wide
The white and deep rose pink are both 100%cotton at a medium weight, I love the feel of cotton and if it came in every color imagined that is all I would prefer to use. The Lightest shade of pink is a cotton as well, light weight with a silky sheen to it. Camel, Plum wine and burgundy yarns are all Arylic medium weight and very soft.


This is an asymmetrical scarf, no section is the same and the colors weave throughout, starting with the darker "Meaty" area of the bacon and the lighter "fatty" parts on the opposite end.


11 comments:

Megan H Carroll said...

Very nice, I totally see the bacon in it!

It is both classy and fun and will make an elegant accent.

Lara said...

That scarf is great!! I wish I had that talent!!

I'm tagging back!!

CC said...

I came to tag you back..and just had to stop and look more at your scarves. They're gorgeous..all of them. I wasn't able to choose a favorite,I just loved them all.
You're very talented.. I am a crocheter also..I love most all needlearts..I think my favorite thing to crochet is afghans. There's something about that soft yarn in your hands and the movement of the needle,it's very relaxing and soothing to me.
I'll be back to visit again..

Show Me Mama said...

Wow, you made all those. Beautiful job and very pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog. Tag your it!

The mad woman behind the blog said...

OMG, This is gorgeous! Playing along to win a scarf. Love the seeing Red but Love the Bacon even more!
What a fun way to build your following. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shelley said...

Tag..you're it!!

tehlia said...

Tag Tuesday I LOVE IT!!!
I have tagged you all back :)

Thank you ladies for visiting.

I see a few of you got your names in for the contest. Drawing is March 31. Good Luck

Michelle said...

Another killer scarf! :)

tehlia said...

Thanks michelle.

Jen Phillips said...

Did I mention I love it!! Can't wait to see it live and in person!!

I will blog all about it when it gets home :)

http://bacontalk.blogspot.com/

tehlia said...

Jen you are so great. Very glad you love it. Can't wait to read what you say about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails